Are you looking for some inspiration to update your child's bedroom? If so, you're in luck! I'm so excited for a new project I'm starting-- transforming a nursery into a big girl room! There are SO many fun, adorable and really creative ideas out there for children's rooms. You can truly get lost looking through Pinterest, blogs and design magazines to gather inspiration. It's enjoyable but oh so overwhelming at the same time. To get the brainstorming started, I gathered a few images of some of the sweetest rooms I could find. Take a look below at the Toddler Room Roundup, and let the swooning begin!
The pics are all of a little girl's room but you could easily revamp your little guy's room just by swapping out a few things! When you start the planning for the room, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
1. Keep it neutral where it counts. Anything that costs a lot of money or would be a pain to replace should be kept neutral (think furniture, paint color, etc.). That way, you could use the same room for all your kids! Grey is always my favorite neutral color but a really light green or blue would also be perfect for a kid's room. Please, do not limit yourself to pink for girls and blue for boys. That's what the accessories are for!
2. Spice up the walls. Wall decals are a great way to play up a room with vibrant colors and patterns. And they're versatile-- you can do one accent wall with them, or just add touches above the headboard or dresser. It's a great temporary option for getting a little creative.
3. Repurpose old furniture. Painting existing furniture or adding a new headboard to a bed can give the piece and entirely new look. If you have an old bookshelf or dresser, give it a fresh coat of paint and new hardware to freshen it up. I tend to go white with furniture but a navy, grey or peach color would also look awesome!
4. Include a reading nook. If you didn't already notice, I'm really into little canopies and teepees in a little one's room. They are so whimsical and cozy. I mean, what little kid wouldn't want a cozy little space to crawl into and read stories--I want one right now! Consider adding white lights to the space takes it up another notch.
5. Accessorize! Get creative with accessories that add a pop of color to your kid's room! Bright-colored tassels or poms hanging from the walls look good in any kid's room. Try hanging a few letters, a tapestry, pieces of framed artwork (it can even be their own!) or bookshelves filled with colorful books. Or you could try a cozy rug, a fun chandelier or bedside lamps. The options are endless--this is where the real charm and character of the room will show!
There are a million things you can do with the space and different directions to focus on, but these are a few of the biggies to consider when starting the design planning. The most important thing to remember is to have fun with it! It's a child's bedroom and it should feel fun, comfortable and calming for them. Take a closer look at a couple faves to get inspired:
The first row:
From Lily Pad Cottage.
From the Fairy Lights & Fun.
THE SECOND ROW:
From Camille Styles.
So, what do you think? Are you ready to tackle that bedroom and make it the best room in the house for you little one? Let me know which design is your favorite!